Friday, October 26, 2007

India : A Dream Come True

Welcome to my blog. I've been reading other blogs and thinking to myself, I think I need to start my own. I plan on moving to Korea in a few months and so this will be a great way for people at home, friends and family to keep up with my adventures.

I plan to go to Korea to work and save money to save for my masters. But I've done the Korea thing before. I went last time for the experience and to travel, and I did just that, hitting up China, Japan, Thailand, Malaysia and Singapore while I was there. And in all honesty I had a love-hate relationship with Korea. This time I plan to go to Seoul (the heart of Korea IMO) and now my eyes are wide open to what the country has to offer, so I think my experiences will be different this time around. In different, I mean better.

But first up, my long awaited trip to India. I have had this trip planned forever (since May). I leave in 8 days. It's a place I have always wanted to go, and now it's happening.
It's funny because when I tell people I am going to India, they look at me funny and ask, "why India."

"Because it's going to be awesome!"

What else can I say? If people are not open to India or Asia then nothing I am going to say is going to suddenly make them fascinated by the country.

Here is a map of India and I have outlined (in my very kiddie drawing) cirlcles and lines where I hope to go. I am meeting my dear friend Joseph in Mumbai and we plan to brave the country together.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley:

Your Dad and I are so glad that you got there safe. We read your journal and we were very intrigued. We still do not know where you get the travelling bug from...but we are both very happy that you are able to do this. As you said, this is your dream and you sure are living it. We have all your stuff organized and the stuff we can put in the garage attic is done and the stuff that needs to go downstairs, your Dad is going to organize behind the stairs and put your stuff that cannot go in the attic there. So we are OK and ready for you to come home.

We will be looking forward to reading your journal and will check it out every 2nd day.

Tell Joseph that we are happy that he is there with you and both of you have fun and be careful....

Love you

MOM and DAD

Lots of hugs and kisses

xoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo and so on.

Anonymous said...

last few days our class held a similar discussion about this subject and you illustrate something we haven't covered yet, appreciate that.

- Laura