Friday, August 26, 2011

31 weeks pregnant...

I never thought I would post a picture of my baby belly, but why the heck not?  Junayd took this last week when I was 31 weeks pregnant. I told him not to get my face in the pic....I think it was probably because I was sweaty and hot, which I always am these days. Being pregnant is like being a human furnace, especially when you live in a country that is hot to warm most days. With the monsoon it has been so humid. Today finally, the humidity broke and it has actually been cool (or what Junayd calls freezing). The temp was probably around 22-23c today with no sun. Glorious for me!! I have less than 8 weeks left in my pregnancy, but with any luck, I'll go into labour early like I did with Yasmine and pop this sucker out in 5 weeks or so.  I am so grateful and blessed for being able to carry a life inside me, but I just want my body back, along with it, my energy, patience and the ability to see my feet. Two kids and my family will be complete. 


6 comments:

吉道 Giuseppe said...

Can't wait to see pics of the baby!

We'll be having our second in March. ^_^ than, I'm sure that will be enough for us, too!

Anonymous said...

So you have names picked out? :) Congrats and hopefully will go smoothly and you'll be saying hello to your baby soon!

I keep clicking on the photo of your daughter, hoping it will open up. It's so small you can barely see her!

Shelley said...

Anon: Yes we have a name picked out for a boy and a girl. The boy name is the same one we chose for the first pregnancy had it been a boy. My husband is Muslim so I have to choose Muslim names, which makes it very challenging. But we found a few we both liked.

I'll post a bigger picture of Yasmine soon :)

Elaine said...

Be sure to post when (s)he arrives. Can't wait to know

Anonymous said...

hi Shelley...you look uncomfortable but good..haha! Yasmine must be asking you when her baby is coming too..anxious to hear about my new great niece or nephew...Love Auntie Diane

Why am I here??? said...

YAHHHH HOW NICE. Now if only I could see your face!