Monday, July 28, 2008

Mumblings from afar......

It's been too long. And when it's been too long I have too much to write, and everything gets jumbled. So I'll focus just on a few things.

First, Congratulations to Amanda and Eric Lapierre!! They got married on Saturday in what I hear was a beautiful magical, perfect day. Amanda and I met about 4 years ago playing lacrosse after I had gone through a break-up. She really helped get me through that shitty, shitty time. We have been amazing friends ever since. She's been through thick and thin with me, through the zillions of miles away I have been, through the guys, the work crap, and everything else friends go through. I wanted to be there with her so badly, but....sometimes life just throws you some curve balls and you either have to hit them, or watch them cross the plate. I chose to hit it, and consequently I am an ocean apart. But I thought of her and wished I could have been there. So here is my salute to you Amanda. Hope your day was everything and so much more!!! Love you, love you, love you!!!

I am sure, unless you live under a rock, you have heard about the bombings in India (Bangalore and Ahmedabad). I am not going to give this more stock or time than it deserves, but where I live is a very safe place and the bombings happened very far away from me. The terrorists attacks in New York City were closer to me than what has happened here. Obviously this is the work of cowards. And so all is fine, and that is all i want to say about that. Terrorists want any and all attention they can get, so I refuse to give them that satisfaction. But I'm safe, and we are all being careful and the police are taking extra pre-cautions everywhere, so the city couldn't be safer right now.

Monsoon has hit, and is in full swing, and the weather has cooled considerably. I am embarrassed to call myself a Canadian, as I am finding myself cold, in 25 degree weather. The rain obviously doesn't help, but still. I have to go out and buy a few sweaters and a rain jacket, because admittedly I'm cold. I never thought I'd adjust to the heat. But I have,and it's glorious. Not the 46 degree weather we had a few months ago. But it's been consistently about 30-34 degrees the last month and it's so nice. It's now dark and dreary, and the city has come alive, Hyderabadi's love the rain, and i know why. It cuts down the dust, and the heat. I don't mind driving in the rain...it's not so bad.

Other than that, it's been work, work work. I am doing a lot of training and working long hours, but I love the job. A vacation is in order soon though so I am going to Goa for 4 days next month. It will be rainy season, but a beach is a beach, and we might luck out and get some sun.

Oh, and emails. Please send me updates about what is going on in your lives people! I'm an open book so indulge me please. There is email, and Facebook, and Yahoo messenger and MSN and Skype.....lots of options people, so there are no excuses.

Hope to hear from you soon.......


No comments: