Thursday, July 17, 2008

Pictures of Timothy's birthday and going away parties!

Timothy was supposed to leave at the end of June, and at the 12th hour, he decided to postpone his trip, literally he canceled it about an hour before he was supposed to leave for the airport. He just wasn't ready. So the last few weekends have been going away parties for him , because he was still waiting to book his flight, and it was basically a last minute booking. He found out Thursday he was leaving Monday (the one that just passed). Here are some pictures of our gang at the bar then at my place afterwards. Sorry folks no names, just initials. Check out my Facebook page for more pics!

Timothy left this Monday. H, R, P, and me drove Timothy to the Aeroexpress bus stop at about 5am. It was a tearful goodbye, as Timothy has been here for 10 months, and made a lot of amazing friends.


NB: Timothy has given me permission to use his name......


R and H! Sweet couple.

Timothy and R dancing


Me and R getting our groove on


The gang dancing with K doing his signature moves!

This is what happens in India on your birthday. Cake smearing. This is Timothy. Yes, I was the one who shoved the whole thing in T's face. Everyone else was scared of him.

J and Timothy

The guys at my place. H is too busy with his drink to look at the camera


Saying good bye. Timothy leaving for the airport.

Me and A (she is from the UK)


The gang at 4am before Timothy's flight!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun ... very Westernized people which I was kind of surprised to see ... likely my naiveté! Is the new beau in any of these pics???

Miss and love ya,
A.

Shelley said...

Believe me, I was surprised how westernized people were here when I arrived too. When I traveled through the south this is not something I saw at all. Which is why traveling an living in a country are two very different things. Plus being in a modern city doesn't hurt.

Oh and, yes Amanda, he is in one or 2 of the pictures.
He is wearing a black striped shirt in the picture with H pouring himself some Vodka!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Shelley! Look like so much fun!!! You also look gorgeous!! I miss you so much, but love seeing updated pics of you :)

Big kiss!!

Sharlene

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley:
You do look wonderful! I still can't believe how much your blog keeps everyone communicating and so close for being so far apart...great job.

Love Aunt Jos & Larry.

P.S. I put in a day through Cambrian Staffing - enjoyed the work sans the pressure.