Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Highlights of my day

Here are some highlights of my day for October 28th.

  1. Woke up to the loud popping noises of firecrackers, it's Diwali here and it's non-stop popping action, all day all night.
  2. Ate peanut butter and honey on whole wheat toast and made strong, sweet, milky coffee.
  3. Watched a downloaded episode of Friday Night Lights (best show ever).
  4. Did an hour and a half of yoga.
  5. Went to work on the Diwali holiday because they needed floor coverage, so I get tomorrow off instead.
  6. Decided to wear a saree to work today as Diwali is a big holiday and everyone dresses up.
  7. Had one of my friends at work tie the saree for me. Showing your lower back and midriff at work feels really really weird. What ever happened to showing good ol' cleavage.
  8. Got so many compliments about my saree, and admittedly I loved every minute of it. Especially when one of my agents told me I had such a lovely figure. The thumbs up and compliments from the cute men at work didn't hurt either.
  9. Getting a free meal, because all those who worked Diwali were provided one by the company. Butter chicken, aloo curry, dal, and roti tastes so much better when it's free.
  10. The best compliment of all though, came from Muscles who told me that he was the luckiest guy in the world to be dating me! I told him not to get used to me wearing a saree, those things are not comfortable, especially at work.
  11. Coming home, and digging into the bag of sweet chili Doritos I bought at the 99 rupee shop on Sunday. I rarely eat Doritos at home, but when you come across a gem like this, you have to snatch it up. If I eat 5 Doritos a day I can make the bag last a long time. Who knows when I'll find them again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute! Now you have me craving Doritos, lucky for me I have some left over from Halloween!

Love you,

Shar