Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Vacation

My first real vacation is this week. I just took 4 days off and with the weekend it gives me a nice 6 days of relaxation on the beach. We were going to go to Goa, but decided to try another Indian beach in the same state I am in already- Andra Pradesh-, called Visakhapatnam or Vizag for short, as I will call it. Now, just because it is in the same state does not mean it is any closer, it will take us 12-13 hours by bus from Hyderabad. We booked the trip a little late and couldn't get train tickets, so opted for the bus, which is pricier, but still economical. It feels like it has been a while since I've done the traveling thing, and although it will just be for about 4 days, the excitement of seeing someplace new and being close to the ocean (in this case the Bay of Bengal) on the eastern part of India, keeps me thriving!

Click here, to see some pictures and get a feel for Vizag. I'll be taking a lot of my own pictures as well, and getting some sun on my super fair skin. It's summer all year round here, but I still haven't managed to get much colour other than on my arms and some on my face. I wear sunscreen a lot and of course I cover myself up when I'm out.

We leave on Thursday and I can't wait!

Here is a map of India, I have circled Hyderabad, and Vizag in green, just to give you a visual of where I am and where I'm going. They look close together, I know, but again, this is India and places take the double the time they normally should to get there, I think it is about 650km away. Which we could probably drive in about 7 hours in Canada.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have a great vacation, Shelley!!! I hope you get to relax and take in the sun :)

Love you lots!!!

Shar
xoxox