Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm still alive

Just wanted to post an update to let everyone know I am indeed still alive and kicking, I haven't posted much lately because when I'm not working, the last thing i want to do is be typing on my computer, since I'm on it a lot at work.

I've been working 10-12 hour days, doing a lot of training, and just preparing for 2009 with the managers. With the recession 2009 is going to be an interesting year all over the world. I hope with Obama coming into office today will be the start of some positive change.

It's funny but last time Clinton took office after Bush senior there was a war (Desert Storm) and an economy crunch, and now with Obama taking over from Bush junior, there is a war (Iraq and Afghanistan) and a huge recession with comparisons of the Great Depression of the 1930's. Hmmm, coincidence???? No such thing as coincidences and as Muscles said, God doesn't play with dice. Hopefully there are no more Bush's to take over in 4 or 8 years, because I personally have enough of the Bush family to last a lifetime!

AS for weather, well you'd think that the very cold weather patterns in Canada and northern USA would not affect my life in India, but it does. We've been so busy at the auto club arranging jump starts for customers and I've been trying to get the agents to understand what it feels like to be a Popsicle. Most of the them have never seen snow (unless they live in the north in the hill stations), so trying to empathize with a customer stuck in -25 temperatures has been a challenge.
The weather here has been amazing, it's sunny with blue skies every day and gets to about 27-30 degrees and cols off to a comfortable 16-20 in the evening. Winter in Hyderabad is amazing, I never use my air conditioning (I haven't really since July-August) and I rarely even need a fan, except to sleep cause there are roosters and other noises. I've become so adjusted to the heat and it's nice. I mean at home in 30 degrees people have their AC full blast. I mean when I go out on Saturday afternoons, it's 30 degrees and I'm usually wearing jeans and a shirt with a light sweater over top. At home I'd be in shorts and a tank top.... funny how these things change.

And on that note, I have to go and get ready for another 10 hour day at the office, it sounds like I am complaining, but I do really like my job. I never wake thinking, oh God I have to work today (OK, maybe Mondays but everyone does that). In Canada i did that every single day, and even had insomnia because I disliked my job so much.
Thankfully, I sleep like a baby here!

No comments: