Wednesday, March 18, 2009

How he proposed!

Although we have been planning the wedding for over a month and a bit now, Muscles finally proposed. There were so many formalities to get through before hand, such as getting the blessing of his elders on his dad's side and of course getting my dad's blessing (which he did).

Last Tuesday, he took me to a beautiful park, and the park was actually closed to visitors for the next hour but he spoke to the guard and talked his way into letting us enter early. This means that is was secluded other than the peacocks running around and the sound of rustling trees. We walked and then we found a park bench and sat there for a while. He told me he had something to tell me and then he started telling me how much he loved me and wanted to spend his life with me. He asked me to close my eyes and he slipped the ring on my finger.

It was perfect!


The wedding is set for April 5th and I can't wait!! Here are some pics of my engagement ring!!



5 comments:

Unknown said...

Very romantic --- it sounded just perfect!!! I LOVE the ring!! It is totally you!

Love you

Anonymous said...

HI Shelley , it`s Natalie (& Noah) Your ring is just absolutly pretty as you are and going to be on your special day...
I can`t wait to see you... I can`t even stop myself from crying when I read your blogs...
I love you and have a very safe trip home... LUV YOU XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley ! It`s Natalie (& Noah)Your ring is VERY pretty, as you are and will be on your special day... I can`t refrain myself from crying everytime I read your blogs, especially when you speak of familly...I can`t, wait... WE can`t wait to see you ..
LUV You very very much
XOXOXO

Anonymous said...

Thats nice. Congrats !
We are present but invisibly.
Enjoy ! Enjoy ! Enjoy !

Anonymous said...

I love the ring. I wish we could be there with you. I really do. Thinking of you.. and wish you all the best!