Wednesday, March 4, 2009

An Indian Soft drink

My fiance told me about a new soft drink in India being launched by Hindu nationalist group that call themselves the "cow protection department."
He asked me to guess the key ingredient in this soft drink, and of course I guessed right, because if you know a little about Hindu's you just might guess.
The key ingredient is cow urine!! The name of the drink is gau jal which means cow water and will apparently have cancer fighting benefits and will be devoid of toxins. But apparently it won't smell like urine or taste like urine.
Well in that case, bring it on!!! NOT!

Please click on the link to read the newspaper article about this new non-carbonated super drink.

I for one, will not be testing it's cancer fighting benefits. I'll stick to broccoli and blueberries, thank you very much!!

And for the record most Indians I spoke to about this, thinks the concept is pretty gross as well.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok, that sounds completely disgusting!!!! You are right, I would stick to blueberries and other veggies instead of cow urine! LOL

Love you

Anonymous said...

Cow as well as Human Urine are benefical. I heard about it. But I havent taste it yet.

Anonymous said...

I thought I'd try anything once but now I've decided that it has to be within reason. Just a thought but if it's that beneficial for the body, why wouldn't the cow keep it inside instead of peeing it out?

Anonymous said...

Does it feel weird at all to use the word "fiance"? :)

Anonymous said...

You have to at least try it once before you bash it. Really... penicillin comes from Moldy bread, and we eat many many other things that who knows where everything stem froms. Not to mention what some dirty girls swallow! LMAO hahahahahah Had to add that one in, i wouldnt be myself!

Shelley said...

Yes, it does feel weird to use the word fiance!
But kind of nice at the same time.