Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Pizza Hut in Bangalore

OK, yes, I went to Pizza Hut, but I didn't do it for me. K has never been to a chain type restaurant, he lives in a more remote village so I thought it would be fun to take him. We sat upstairs overlooking the busy street, and I asked him while looking at the menu if he would be willing to try pepperoni (pork). He has never eaten pork, as where he is from it is a very holy place, and meat is hard to come by (other than goat and chicken). Plus most people consider pigs a dirty animal and refuse to eat it. This is how the conversation took place:

S: Are you willing to try pork pepperoni pizza?
K: Pork is pig right?
S: Yes, it's pretty good though.
K: It's not like the pigs in Hampi right?
S: (not knowing what the pigs in Hampi are like) No, of course not, they are American pigs. Pizza Hut is an American chain. (really I have no idea where the pigs come from- but this sounded good)
K: OK, sure why not, I'll try it.

Success. He loved the pepperoni pizza and he also loved the bell that people rang on their way out signaling that they had a good time at pizza Hut. Once you ring a bell all the staff yell thank you at the same time, everyone was ringing it.

K rang the bell on the way out, and he had this big smile on his face as he did it.

In other news.....got registered today at the police commissioner's office and have to go back tomorrow to request a transfer to Hyderabad. I think they are booking me on a flight for Thursday morning, and i will start work that day. I am actually getting tired of living out of a suitcase.

Go Bruins Go!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sure Kiran found it interesting but I am glad that he gave it a try and found it not too bad.

Shelley,check your email. Wondering if you received my email and I sent it from my home address. Please see if you received it. Get back to me soon.

Anonymous said...

LOL-- very funny Shelley!

Very awesome that Kiran is so open to try new things :)

Boston lost!! It was a good game and they really did dominate, they actually dominated the last 3 games! Arggg..

Anyway, love you lots!

Shar

Anonymous said...

Just read your three posts - loved every word - especially the part about dirty pigs! Can't wait to hear all about the job and your new digs - post photos as soon as your able.

Lots of hugs,
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Shelley: I just finished exercising with Greg and showing him your blog and how to write a comment to you. So you will here from him soon.

P.S. Just want to let you know that now that you are not here, it is all about me!!!!!!!Ha Ha..

Love Mom

Anonymous said...

Di here,
I was just telling Nat about Kiran's pizza debut...love the bell ring of approval...it's your turn to try something as alien to you...
Just completed her return and waiting for your Mom to bring me you papers..hope it calculates in your favour...Love to you and your new family