Friday, April 11, 2008

I am back!

Just a very quick post to let everyone know I have arrived safely! It was a long flight, and waiting for my bags was an ordeal, but all my bags did arrive. Seeing K was great too and he had been waiting a few hours for me while i cleared customs and immigration and finally got my bags.
The weather so far is pretty good, hot as expected but I am wearing jeans and a t-shirt and not sweating, so I am doing well!
We just had a dinner of butter chicken and butter naan, and it was great to be eating the spicy Indian cuisine once again. The area we are staying is the modern and "westernized" area and so it is bustling with young hip Bangalorians oozing with style. Kiran said he would love to take his mother here to see what she has to say about how the people are dressed.
Anyway, we are about to go and find some mango ice cream or lassis, something fruity and cool. The jet lag isn't so bad right now but I slept a lot during the day which I shouldn't have done, but had to as I couldn't keep my eyes open.
I meet with my employers on Monday morning to get registered and then I fly off to Hyderabad. So I have two days to chill out and check Bangalore out. I think we are going to the Botanical gardens tomorrow and maybe a pub tomorrow night.
But it definitely feels good to be back here, but in a whole different capacity. I am not so much Shelley the traveler anymore as I am now Shelley working in Corporate India!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Love your blog!!! So glad it back up and running!!!

Enjoy your time with Kiran!!

love you

Sharlene
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Give a hug to Kiran, Hello and tell him I'm asking him to show you a great time before you dig into work.

Love you Shelley and so glad you arrived there safe and with all your bags...

Anonymous said...

ooops...forgot....it's me aunt Diane
e-mail at 3:34pm/Apr 11