Sunday, May 18, 2008

Pics of me in a saree



Well I did it. I got into and out of a saree successfully without coming unravelled. A saree is one piece of material that is draped, there are no zippers or buttons to keep the thing in place. Just an under petticoat skirt that needs to be tied so tight you can barely breath. I have to say I felt completely glamourous in it, and I got a lot of compliments and looks. The cab driver actually told me in his limited English that "Indian culture, saree, THANK YOU!"


So here are some pictures of the event. Enjoy!



My friend Shimul and me

The happy couple and me and M.







Martha, my personal shopper and dear friend


My dear friends and one of the loveliest couples I have ever met, Sreeram and Shimul






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelley, it's really amazing in saree, you look very good, it suits you very much. I liked it...

Anonymous said...

Shelley you look amazing..the saree is gorgeous!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Ok...so I finally learned how to post to your blog..Yeah (-:

I have really enjoyed reading every minute of your adventure...considering I just spent the last hour getting caught back up (-0:

Glad to hear that the job is going well and the living arrangements seem better since you moved in with T. I am jealous of the heat but can't believe how HOT it is...I wish the weather would get better here soon...

How is K?? How was your trip to Hampi??

BTW... Nat and the Baby say HI and Kerry too.

Take Care and keep writing,
Kim (-:

P.S. I am soo glad that you got to eat your Peanut Butter..Yummy!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures Shelley, you look great!!!

Glad to hear that things are better, how could they not be now that you have a cook! So jealous!!!!

Miss you lots!

Love you,

Shar
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

You look great....where does T come from? where's K? do you get to see him regularly? are there any lakes to swim in? so hot I would have a melt down...still cool here at 5 to 10 degrees...Lov, Aunt Di

Anonymous said...

Shelly:

Shelly you look natural in that Saree, Nanny Lou, really like that one and infact all of them. We both developed colds from the Tour to Ottawa, we are now nursing them with Buckley's Cough Medicine, it taste awful but it works. Uncle Ken and the two girls came over today and stained Nanny Lou's deck, it looks good. Your Dad, Uncle Freddie, and Uncle Willie are coming Friday to put up the Canopy on the deck. The weather prediction tonight is snow flurries YUK!!! I have to take Nanny Lou's flowers in every night to save them from the frost weather we've been having. Well that brings you up todate. How is your boy friend? Do you get to see him once in awhile? Until next time

Adieu
Mr. Fred.

Anonymous said...

VERY nice pics. You look like you've worn a saree every day of your life - a natural!