Friday, May 2, 2008

The Heat

It's so hot here, my eyelids are sweating!

Luckily summer is halfway over, it lasts through April and May, and things should cool down by mid-June. I was told that by August it would get to a nice comfortable 30 degrees.

Believe me, that will be a relief. Today it feels like 42C. And every time I tell people I am going out or that I went out during the day, they really are concerned about heat stroke. I do try and get out a little everyday to somewhat acclimatize myself to the weather.

Nothing really new to report, other than I am leaving today to spend the weekend in Hampi. It's just as hot there and with all the rocks, I am sure it will be steaming. But it will be nice to see many familiar faces. I just have to get through the 12 hour bus ride which is still yet to be determined whether it will be air conditioned or not. As long as there are some open windows, I'll be fine.
Hope everyone at home has a great weekend too!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PICTURES ... I need pictures ... puullleeeaassseee;)

Miss you lots and lots!