Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Ice Hockey-Detroit VS Pittsburgh

While Timothy and I were having lunch today, the restaurant had TSN playing with game 4 of the Stanley Cup final! I almost fell off my chair. The only sport I've seen on TV here has been cricket, football (soccer), tennis and more cricket. So imagine my pleasant surprise to see the game on. It made me slightly nostalgic for home and made me miss my father.

But I thought it was really cool considering that when I say I play hockey people I think i mean field hockey.
Too bad Detroit won though...would have been nice for the Penguins and Crosby to have won.

**** Last night was the first night I slept without sweating. The temps have gone down to about 35 degrees.....sweet relief.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI Shelley,

Glad you got to see some of the hockey game....now as for cricket...I am trying to understand it....I have an office partner at school that is an Aussie and he just loves cricket as well as football (soccer) and rugby......today he taught my class how to play indoor cricket....I think I have some of it under control...but he kept giving me the evil eye when I would say "pitch" the ball or get it back to the pitcher.....I now must say bowl the ball and get it back to the bowler.....wickets and stumps....and dot balls....it is all to much for me...I will stick to my green dot softball and good ole "WEaston" bat!

Glad to see the heat let up....any idea when you will have your own place?

Take Care
Kim (-:

Anonymous said...

Opps....that should say EASTON bat.....Anyway hope to see some new pics soon too..
Miss Ya
Kim

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley
So interesting again, especially about the times...I should have lived there..as I was always late ...I'm better now
Well Father's Day this Sunday...BarBQ at Tam's...Hope Eddy makes it too. I've invited your folks there after our golfing in the am
Do they celebrate Dads and Moms there?
Seems like everybody wants to go visit you, even Con and me...
Waiting in anticipation for your next entry
Love, Auntie Di