Monday, June 8, 2009

I'm BACK!!!

It's been way way too long since I last posted, but for obvious reasons! I got married, went back to Canada for the a too short visit. Came back to India and had to set up our new apartment. Muscles and I had to buy everything for our place, so between working, and shopping and bartering so we were quite busy. Plus, I didn't have Internet until late last week.

I'll post some pictures of my wedding and my baby shower, YES that's right I'm pregnant. Most of you know this by now and others who I know in the blog world (my dear blogger friends Amy, Amanda and Jen) this will be news to you. I started my 6th month yesterday and all is well. I'm due October 4th!!

So I'll leave you with some pics of my wedding and baby shower, then I'll just pick up from where I left off, and tell you about married life in India while expecting a baby. Still adventures of a wanderlust, but more like a wanderlust mommy!!

I'm glad to be back!!!






Getting Mehendi done the day before the ceremony


My Mehendi



My sister-in-law helping to get me dressed


Karen, Laurie and my mehendi and bangles. Mine is the arm with the copper bangles



Karen and I
.
Little Ayesha (a friend of the family and me)

Exchanging our rings




My dear friend Laurie who came to India for the wedding (with Karen) and also to see India too ;)


On our throne



My lovely friends and new husband

My new family (little Ayesha just wanted to be in the pic and the lady in white is my father-in laws sister)My



My mother-in-law (the day after ceremony called the valima (pronounced walima)


6 comments:

권투선수 에이미 [Amy] said...

Hey Shelly!!!
Wow... you're now a wife and a MAMA-TO-BE... great! Congrats on the wedding, I'm sure it was beautiful. I love the henna pictures, looks great. That's awesome that some of your friends were able to fly out there to be with you, always a bonus to have friends by your side in moments like these.

All the best for the two of you... or should I say three ;)

P.S. Thanks for the shout-outs ;)

Amanda said...

Congratulations!! So nice to see you posting again--Oct 4th is a good day. Solar is my brother and grandfather's birthday. Lunar it's my father-in-law's. :)

Anna said...

Dear Shelley,
This is Anna from Armenia..an internet friend of yours if i can call so. Congratulations on your marriage, and moreover on the most wonderful creature in the world that you are expecting now. Wish your family lots of love and happiness.

Anonymous said...

wow, those lights were really bright - I think that I blocked out that part of the event! I love the pics Shelley! Miss you and talk to you soon,
Laurie

Amanda said...

Hey Shelley--two days ago I left a comment. I guess it didn't go through. Congrats on the wedding and the pregnancy! October 4th is a good day--my brother's birthday, my grandfather's, and my father-in-law's, if you count lunar days!

Why am I here??? said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!!

Wow, so much good news since I read last. Seriously I just posted some more wedding photos and thought 'wouldn't it be nice to compare my photos with Shelly's to see how unique our weddings are'. UNIQUE INDEED!!!!

Love the photos and the henna.....so cool!

Can't wait to see your new pad (above the in-laws)!!!! And I can't wait to see pics of the new addition to your family!

Oh I'm so excited! (for you of course -- all 3 of you)

Jennifer