Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Package and tidbits

I got a Christmas package from my parents this weekend, and although it feels nowhere near like Christmas- it's 26 degrees today- having that package and knowing I can't open it until Christmas, gives me something to look forward to.

Thanks mom and dad for giving me a little Christmas tingle. Although I have to say I don't miss the crap that goes on at home at this time of year. People should be joyful and happy. My friend Amanda told me a hilarious story of a woman who got really angry at her for "stealing her parking spot." The colourful language that this woman used on her is actually shocking, although really really funny. Amanda, I read your Facebook message 3 times this weekend, and read it to Muscles, I thought it was that funny!
Believe me, you're none of those things that woman called you. Least of all, an "inconsiderate punk." HAHAHA!
Ah! the joys and perils of Christmas!

I went to the foreign grocery store yesterday and spent too much money on comfort foods from home. A box of multi-grain cherrios cost $12!!!! I did find strawberries, and i did a dance in the store when I found them too. They only cost about $2 for a quart. So I bought 2 of them. I also found blueberry jam (no blueberries to be had here), and I also bought some Betty Crocker cake mix and icing. I will make a "Christmas cake" and pretend it's my mom's amazing Christmas cookies. i spent like $12 on the cake mix and icing. You can't find chocolate chips here, and I only have a small toaster oven, enough for small cakes, and brownies and toast. I'll have to make do with what I've found.

Muscles and I went to see Max Payne this weekend. And sadly, I'll never get those 2 hours of my life back. The movie was crap. Hyderabad only gets a few foreign movies here, and they are usually just the big box office hits. So my choices are limited. Luckily we download movies and watch a lot of them at home. Muscles also introduced me to an American sit-com that he loves and I have never seen called "How I met your mother," so we watched like 6 episodes of season 1 this weekend! Funny funny, show.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley, there is only crap at this time of year for people that would like to use their energy up and be mean. There are only a few of these people and it is their lost being that way. so much energy wasted for nothing. It is a nice time of year shopping to the Christmas music. I don't know about anybody else but I have a great time with the salesladies. My hat goes off to all those workers who work retail and keep smiling and always there to help you. There is always one that may not be happy but it could be because a customer was mean and impatient and not very nice. I love christmas and my traditions. I will miss you Shelley but with your package you will have a little bit of home with you on Christmas day. Love you and enjoy your special treats you just bought.

Love MOM

Why am I here??? said...

But all those Western goodies are totally worth it ;)

I'm glad you got a package from home.......that's always exciting!

Enjoy your warm Christmas

Anonymous said...

HEY SHELLEY,
I.VE BEEN READING SOME OF YOUR STUFF.PRETTY INTERESTING.
I DO AGREE THAT X-MAS IS A WONDERFULL TIME OF THE YEAR.
REMEMBER ALL THE GOOD TIMES.
ESPECIALLY WITH YOUR NANNY.SHE REALLY MISSES YOU.OF COURSE I DO TOO.EVEN IF WE DON,T SEE EACH OTHER
OFTEN,I STILL LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU
ALSO.YOU LOOK GREAT AS USUAL.MY LITTLE SHELLEY.
YOU SOUND VERY HAPPY.
ANYWAYS,WE WOULD LIKE TO WISH YOU A MERRY X-MAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR.
LOVE YOU..AUNT ANITA.
XXX000