Friday, December 19, 2008

A minor celebrity??

Muscles came over to my place yesterday to pick me up to go to work since I was going to go early. When he came in, he held the newspaper and told me people were going to be giving us a lot of attention.

A few weeks ago, when I was sick, Muscles asked me to go to some afternoon party from 2-6pm. I was feeling terrible but he never asks me for much, so I got dressed in some nice clothes, did my hair and went with him and his friends to some club. He promised me after 2 hours of being there he'd take me home so I could just slip back in my pj's, and be sick, and get pampered.
I was the only western girl in the bar, and so a couple of photographers asked to take my picture with Muscles. I never thought much of it, since I was told the guy having the party has a website and likes to put pics of the party there.

3 weeks later........
Muscles held the newspaper out for me, and he tells me to open it to the society pages, which is referred to as page 3, and the people pictured on it are P3P's (page 3 people). There on the page along with celebrities, is mine and Muscles picture. I was shocked. Luckily, I look good in the picture, and the caption read "2 to tango."
I asked Muscles how many people read this newspaper, and he told me it was the most circulated newspaper in the state. Still, how many people check out page 3??

Apparently everyone. When I went to work, I had people come and shake my hand, all excited they knew someone who had made it to page 3. Then a few of my colleagues joked and called me "tango girl." It was really funny. What's even more funny, is I rarely go out. I've been to a club maybe twice the past 3 months. So I'm sure all my coworkers think I'm this party girl.

Regardless, I'm going to enjoy my 15 minutes of fame.

4 comments:

Why am I here??? said...

WOW that's great!!! Soak it up!

Anonymous said...

I want to see this picture! Are you able to scan and post it???

Anonymous said...

Shelley, I am learning so much from you....thanks
I might be one of those people that wanted to ask for someone else...because I could not understand them...but was never that rude yet...and now will never be....I'll just ask them to repeat another time and find some more patience....
As for the wedding...well what's good for you may not be for others...as long as it's good for the couple...that counts...Your old wise Aunt Di...finally caught up with all your writings...surely keep it up and as honest as you do

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! My sis is a celebrity! LOL

Miss you

Shar