Monday, December 1, 2008

Miss Spoiled Brat!

One thing I have learned from living in two separate countries and traveling to 16 different ones, is that women and men are essentially the same. Yes, there are the obvious culture differences but essentially, the same.

One thing I noticed though is different is the way we (meaning women) criticize (tease) our friends. In Canada when our friend asks, when out shopping, if her butt looks fat in her jeans, we say no. Of course not, that would be rude. It's not about being HONEST, because we know with women where honesty can get you sometimes. But instead we might suggest another pair that is hotter, or say the colour isn't right. But definitely not that your butt looks fat.

This brings me to my story, on Saturday I went out with Muscles friends, girls and guys younger than me, but still kind of cool people. Except for this one girl, I'll call her, miss spoiled brat. Her parents are apparently filthy rich, and she had a mad crush on Muscles, and made some not so nice comments to him about me. Out of jealousy of course, and i got the last laugh cause I have the guy. Muscles got invited to this day time party and so even though I was sick as a dog I got dressed up and went with him for a few hours. He invited 5 of his buddies and then one of them invited miss spoiled brat. Well after the party we decided to go to KFC. Not my choice but still I haven't been in years, so I went. One of the girls (I'll call her miss innocent, cause she is sweet and well innocent) was eating a chicken burger and it also came with a piece of chicken. As she was eating miss spoiled brat said, and I quote "Hurry up fatty, you don't need to eat that anyway or you'll just get fatter!"

I mean WTF!

Miss innocent is friends with spoiled brat, and she is not fat by North American standards anyway. And yes, Indian women are for the most part slim, but I've seen my fair share of very heavy women, in sarees with their belly's showing for crying out loud. It seems that curvier women get more attention here anyway (by curvy I mean hour glass shape, not overweight)
I turned to miss innocent and said she looked great and that I thought she was beautiful. Then I looked at spoiled brat and told her she her that fat girls could get skinny but ugly girls were pretty much stuck that way for life. I know it's mean, but she pissed me off. And when I meant ugly I meant on the inside and out.
The worse part of this is, that these two girls are friends. Man I don't need or want friends like that.

I told Muscles never to invite me out when spoiled brat was going to be there, I'm too old to hang around with people like that. I left high school and University a long time ago.

3 comments:

Diana said...

I don't know if you experienced this in Korea, but a lot of the same B.S. goes down in Korea. Good on ya for keeping yourself away from this toxic B.S.

Shelley said...

Oh ya, I experienced that in Korea too. People just don't seem to have an inner monologue over there, and and just say whatever is on their mind. A couple of my friends were called pigs. You had to really have thick skin over there.
It's not as bad here, as the women here have much more varying body sizes. But still it happens.

Anonymous said...

Look at this whole Jessica Simpson issue because she's actually got curves now? Shes not fat. Shes probably still a size 3 or 5. But they are pretty much calling her a whale?

What has our society gone to? I was watching cribs the other day, and there was some random guy on there, and he had his whole room decorated with Marylin Monroe. He said... "I wish i could go back to that day, and date women that looked like that, with real curves, and real bodies!". And i thought.... WOW there are men that think like that????

I think most Indian women are beautiful, beautiful curves, and natural women. But then you have the certain few, some I work with, that are way too skinny.... and as with any culture, those skinny girls, with hardly any breasts can pass for either little girls, or little boys. LOL