Tuesday, September 23, 2008

It's a small world after all!

I have been assigned to two portfolios at work recently, before I was only working for one portfolio at GEMS (GE Money), and when the upper management found out I was Canadian, I was assigned to a Canadian portfolio along with the American one I had already been assigned to.

It's been extremely busy, and being part of management, we have targets we have to reach and along with that I have to give training sessions in a classroom, and so many reports to fill out at the end of the week. So more work with two portfolios, but working and teaching Indians about Canada and listening in to Canadian calls has been so much fun!!! I'm not sure if I can mention the portfolio I work on (in a blog) but many of you know it well!!! So I have made a sort of reward that the first agent to get a call from any family member or friend, I will buy them dinner. Of course I have to be sitting with them or monitoring their calls at the time. There have been some close calls, and I get giddy when a customer calls from Sudbury, or Ottawa.

Having now worked and listened to Canadian customers and American customers, I can safely say, that most Canadian customers really are more polite, more patient and just less demanding.
Are there some jack-asses in the bunch?! Oh yes there are, but they are few and far between. Everyone at GEMS loves working on the Canadian portfolio, and I love being a part of this team as well.

Just to give you a hint, I have actually called this call centre before even knowing I was going to be working here, and some of the agents have actually pulled up my account to check on my birth date (because I wouldn't tell them). And many of you have called this call center too!!!! I even tracked down the actual agent I spoke with, he was quite freaked out to meet a real live customer, I mean they are in India, and really what are the chances of meeting a customer? When I went to speak to him I wasn't sure if he was happy to meet me, or scared out of his mind. He kept asking if I was satisfied with the call?? I don't even really remember what I was calling about, probably to change or update an address. But I told him he did fine!

I love how small this world actually is!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a crazy small world! I can't there's information about you stored in India! It's a global village

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Great post!

Anonymous said...

OMG i hope its not Bell Sympatico, because sometimes.. i can be real bitchy without internet connection> LMAO