Sunday, September 7, 2008

I'm a hero....well kind of

One day last week I heard whining and crying and so I eventually looked out my window and saw that one of the puppies that lives across the street (these are outside dogs) had fallen in the gutter and was stuck and crying. His mother was whining and just starring at her puppy, as she was helpless to get her pup out. So I ran out in my pj bottoms and sweater down the stairs to the gutter where the puppy was stuck. A few of my Indian neighbours had come out on to their balcony to see what the ruckus was all about, as the puppy was crying pretty loudly and had been for a little while now. I hear the puppies whining and crying everyday from my window so I didn't think to check until I realized the puppy sounded desperate and scared. So I stood over the gutter, but the puppy was so scared and he was shaking, but he kept hiding under a small area that was covered and I couldn't reach him. With the help of another Indian man, we managed to get the puppy out from under the covered area, using a small stick. The man gently nudged the puppy so he came out just enough so I could reach in and grab him by his belly and pull him out. The puppy, ran to his mother and the mother licked her pup continuously in relief of his safe return to her.
I took this picture a few minutes after I rescued the pup!


3 comments:

Fiona said...

Awwww! I'm such a sucker for happy dog stories! I'm so glad you rescued him!

Anonymous said...

Such a great story Shelley. I am so happy you helped the poor little puppy :)

Love ya!

Shar

Anonymous said...

Were you afraid the mother would have SNIPPED YOU! lmao