Sunday, November 18, 2007

A nothing day- but it felt great

Joseph and I didn't do much today in Bangalore. We both slept pretty crappy on the night train. There is a lot of people sleeping on bunks at the same time, so there is snoring, crying kids, and a lot of moving around in general. But for about $4 to get from Hampi to Bangalore and another $4.50 to get to Cochin, there isn't much to complain about. I'm spending about $25 a day here and in Hampi is was sometimes less. That is including sleeping in a guest house.

After internet and lunch I found a salon and got a wash and conditioning, a trim and a blow dry. it felt great after the night of traveling, and my hair was looking pretty gross and dry. It cost me about $13 which is actually expensive in my opinion, but I didn't have time to look around for better prices. Plus being in a bigger city the prices are a little more expensive.

So now we are at the train station waiting for our train, and not exactly looking forward to the 12 hour journey ahead. We are both sure it will be more like 14 hours. But that's ok, I can do some reading and hopefully catch up on sleep. Tonight might be the night to bring out the earplugs. I've been sleeping amazing, and I doubt I'll have any issues falling asleep on the train tonight, now that I know what to expect. The rocking of the train or bus usually lulls me right to sleep.

Well, time to maneuver myself with my backpack to my platform, while a million eyes gawk at me, like I'm the first white chick they've ever seen. It's not so bad in Bangalore, and I'm getting used to keeping my head held high and not looking around too much.

Next up: Fort Cochin in Kerela!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shelley!
I finally caught up on your blog. Sounds like you are having a fantastic time! I love hearing all the stories!
Fiona