Friday, November 2, 2007

Top 10 things I want to do, see and experience in India

1. I can't wait to share the road with not only people, cars, tuk tuks, but with cows too!

2. Indian food. It's my all time favourite, and the fact I get the real deal is just icing on the cake.

3. The craziness that is the train system. A lot can be done during those 25 hour train journeys. Drinking Chai (tea), sleeping with ear plugs, chatting with my good friend Joseph, and sharing meals with Indian families, all while getting to see the gorgeous Indian countryside.

4. The 3 day camel Trek in Jaisalmer. I'm sure it's about as uncomfortable as it looks. But sleeping under the Indian sky in the Thor desert will all be worth it.

5. The Taj Mahal. At sunrise and at sunset. Enough said.

6. Experiencing the religious rituals that take place at the Ganges in Varanasi, the most holy place according to Hindus. Anyone who dies in Varanasi attains instant enlightenment. Good to know, although I do not plan to die in Varanasi.

7. Chilling out and sipping tea with Buddhist monks and Tibetans in Darjeeling.

8. Playing Frisbee with hippies and Israelis in Goa.

9. Renting a room on the beachfront, eating samosas and watching the sunset in Palolem Goa.

10. I want to remember that I won't be able to see, do and experience everything, but that I will cherish and soak up all the things I do get to experience. And I will hopefully learn a little bit more about myself and the world we live in.


Holy crap. I leave for the Montreal airport in 24 hours!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to hear you describe each and every one of these things when you get back (in person!). Love ya lots. Safe travels - BFF.