Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Shalom??? WTF!

As I may have mentioned before there are many Israelis who come to India. The flight is only about 6 or 7 hours and it's comparable to North Americans going to the Caribbean. Anyway they don't have the best reputation here, because they come and do drugs and sometimes can be unfriendly. It's not always the case, but it happens a lot.

Apparently I look like an Israeli girl. It's not a bad thing as most are pretty or even beautiful. But it has happened so many times in the last few days, it's almost become annoying.

Yesterday I was walking by a shop and the Indian shopkeeper said "Shalom, come and see my store." I turned to him and said "Shalom? I'm Canadian and not from Israel." He looked confused and said, that he was so sure I was an Israeli girl.

Not too much happening here in the way of blog worthy notes. There is a beautiful lake in Hampi that is clean and totally swimmable and Kiran and I went by motorcycle the other evening, for the sunset. It was gorgeous, and I took a few pictures, I'll add them in a separate post.
Tomorrow we cross the river for Kiran's Spanish friends birthday party. Once you cross the rive you can't come back until the next day as the last boat stops at 6pm (although Kiran has some connections as we crossed at 8:30pm last time). The other side of the river is quiet and almost all tourists/travelers, so I don't go over very often. Carlos the Spanish friend, is a rock climber and he has been teaching Kiran how to rock climb. So it will be interesting to see what this party will be like. Hampi is so tame, so we'll see.

I also met a great Canadian girl from Alberta, who has just finished teaching English in Japan for 2 years, and took 3 months to travel before heading back home to Canada. So I have spent some time with her the last few days. She unfortunately leaves tomorrow.

Other than that, just chilling out, enjoying the beautiful town of Hampi and playing with some very cute Indian children.



No comments: