Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sight Seeing and Birthday: Pictures!

Yesterday I went on my first real sight seeing adventure in Hyderabad. The weather has gotten nice enough to bear going out in the sun. The temperature yesterday was a beautiful 31 degrees, with clear blue skies, a perfect day for climbing the ancient Fort.
Golconda started being built in the late 1500's by the 4th Qutb king, Ibrahim Quili Qutb ShahWali to keep out the Mugals. See the link for a more detailed description of the fort.

I'll let the pictures speak for the beauty of it. Also, later that day I met with J's friends for lunch then to a cafe for hookah smoking, then later that night a quaint get together with some friends for my birthday. It was a busy day, but I'll lay it out in photo blog style, since I have not posted many pics since I arrived here. Enjoy!

To see more pics please check my Facebook page.












Posing!!













Hookah!


P dissing the hookah



J's friends: lunch at Ohri's





Birthday cake. Thanks Paro!


My birthday flowers from J


S and S

Paro and me At 10 Downing

















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You sure do look great Shelley and was so happy that you had a wonderful birthday. Not sure of the Hookah smoking.....don't choke on it. It just seems an odd thing to do eventhough it is India tradition.

MOM
x0x0x