Saturday, August 2, 2008

Happy Friendship Day!

Tomorrow is friendship day, and in India it's actually a big day. There are tributes and events happening all over the city. So I thought I'd take this time to honour the amazing friends I have in my life, new and old friends, near and far friends.

I just want to say how much I miss all of you!! Every time I meet someone new, I hold them to the standard of the friends I have back home. One of you I've known since the first day of University, another after a bad break-up, one through work, many others while playing sports, and one of my closest friends, happens to also be my sister. So no matter how we met, or how you fit into my life, please know I value and love you all. Leaving the country and being forced to form new friendships, has only made me appreciate the friends I have at home.

My definition of a friend is someone who never judges you, who listens, who is there for you through thick and thin, would never let anyone talk shit about you. They let you cry on their shoulder after a break-up, they tell you that maybe your ass does look a little big in those jeans, but it's not YOUR ass it's the jeans. Then they try to help you find a pair of jeans that make you look smoking!
True friends make sure you don't date the loser, and if you date them anyways, they are always there to support you, because if he makes you happy then they are happy too. Then when you break up with the loser, they bring you chocolate cake and or vodka to ease the pain. And a true friend never says "I told you so."

So all my dearest friends this tribute is for you! I might be away from home, but you are all in my hearts and minds! And I hope I'm in yours too! Have a terrific friendship day!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Friendship Day to you too Shelley...I am so happy that you are doing well and look forward to seeing you when you decide to return home but until then, I think of you often and I feel like you are right here talking to me every time I read your blogs!

Have a great day and I miss you.

Kim (-:

Anonymous said...

Right back at ya, babe!

Anonymous said...

Love you and miss you!!!!

very sweet!

Shar
xoxoxoxo